Maclaren Quest Mod
Released January, 2008
The Pros:Very easy to steer/maneuver - can be comfortably controlled with one hand. Lightweight, compact nature is ideal for travelling and frequent storage needs - folds effortlessly. Dual-latch design helps to reduce to the likelihood of accidental accidental folding - promotes child safety.
The Cons:Lightweight nature makes the unit extra-prone to tipping - bags, purses etc. should not be hung from the handles. Storage basket is very difficult to reach - X-type design makes it hard to access in the upright position and nearly impossible to access when the stroller is reclined. Sun shade is ineffective - barely covers child, even when fully extended.
The Maclaren Quest Mod is a lightweight and stylish stoller that fits in the middle of those offered by Maclaren. Like all Maclaren strollers, there is a 5 point security harness, removable washable seat, water resistant hood, handy shopping basket and lockable front swivel wheels.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Also common accross the series is the high performance aluminum frame that has a compact umbrella fold that can be done with one hand in 5 seconds. The carry strap or handle makes it easily transportable. The Quest Mod is intended to be a more stylish stoller than lower models, and is available in several colors and patterns, with a two-tone hood/exterior and patterned seat. The hood also features reflective accents for night safety, a rear facing UV protective viewing window and is has easy-on / easy-off attachment. It is a relatively lightweight stroller, with a basic weight of 12.1 lbs without hood, shopping basket or raincover, and has a 55lb carrying capacity for children 3 months or older (in US/UK; 6 months in EU). There are 5" diameter wheels with foot operated linking parking brakes. The Quest Mod has an ergonomically designed foam insulated handles for the parents comfort. For the childs comfort, the shoulder harness is adjustable in height, the seat has four recline positions, there is an extendable leg rest and a raincover.
- Basic Weight: 5.5kg / 12.1lb(without hood, shopping basket or raincover)
- Carrying Capacity: up to 15kg / 55lb (US)
- Appropriate From: US/UK: 3 months EU: 6 months
- Recline: Four seat positions
- Wheel Size: 12.7cm / 5.0in
- Longer/larger hood for extra coverage
- Round hood with storage pocket and compact fold
- UV protective viewing window
- Reflective accents in for night safety
- Hood lining colour coordinates with seat
- Vibrant colours and new Big Apple motif
- Easy-on, easy-off hood
- Ergonomically optimised, foam insulated handles
- Carry Strap and Carry Handle
- Foot-operated linked parking brakes
- Extendable leg rest
- Height adjustable shoulder harness
- Sovereign Lifetime Warranty
- Maclaren Recycling Programme
- 5 point harness for added security
- Removable washable seat
- Compact umbrella fold
- Water resistant hood
- High-performance aluminium frame
- Handy mesh shopping basket
- Carry strap or handle for easy portability
- 5 second one-hand fold
- Lockable, front swivel wheels
User Reviews (1)
Very easy to steer/maneuver - can be comfortably controlled with one hand
Lightweight, compact nature is ideal for travelling and frequent storage needs - folds effortlessly
Dual-latch design helps to reduce to the likelihood of accidental accidental folding - promotes child safety
Clear vinyl window on canopy provides a constant view into the seat area - very reassuring to parents/guardians
Adjustable leg rest can be configured to work with most toddlers - minimizes leg dangling for increased comfort
Lightweight nature makes the unit extra-prone to tipping - bags, purses etc. should not be hung from the handles
Storage basket is very difficult to reach - X-type design makes it hard to access in the upright position and nearly impossible to access when the stroller is reclined
Sun shade is ineffective - barely covers child, even when fully extended
You may also like...